Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Provence Moulage Set Aufgebaut 1 43 Mitsubishi Pajero Paris Dakar 92 Winner
- Autoart 81528 - 1 18 Lamborghini Huracán Gt3 - yellow Inti Pearl Yellow - Neu
- Jowett Jupiter Sports (1951), whitemetall-Bausatz wm-kit Mikansue 6 in 1 43 boxed
- RARE Antique tin toys Airplane US Air Force single-engine Bandai Japan 1960 8 in
- T-90C MBT Trumpeter Kit TR 05561
- ALFA ROMEO TYPE 33 3 N36 24H LE MANS 1970 TSM TSM144312
- DCC Concepts DCM-RRA12 - per Rollare Road (Multi Calibro) 12 Asse Kit Pacco 48
- ADE HO 154671 METRONOM 92 80 1246 007-9
- Helimax Training Stand w Strut Clips redoFly. Huge Saving
- WARHAMMER 40K ULTRAMARINES MARNEUS CALGAR WITH HONOR GUARD OOP SEALED METAL
- Viessmann 2310 H0 Niederbordagen avec Moteur 2L Dc
- Fujimi model 1 700 Imperial Navy Series No.12 Japan Navy Destroyer Yukikaze
- WOW EXTREMELY RARE Lamborghini Islero 2+2 1968 gold m 1 43 Minichamps-Espada GT
- Original Redline Hotwheels 1968 Mercedes Benz 280SL - Green version w button
- Corgi 1 50. CODE 3. DAF XF. CAB AND TRAILER IN WALKERS CRISPS
- CORGI TOYS N.218 ASTON MARTIN DB4 (1960) SKALA 1 43 MC43172
- SOMERVILLE 134 ROVER 14 90 1938 - DARK RED 1 43 - EXCELLENT CONDITION 4
- VW VOLKSWAGEN BREZEL KÄFER + SPORTBERGER G2 CARAVAN 1 43 SCHUCO 450389100 NEU
- 38c Honda Motorcycle & Trailer - 30112 Matchbox Regular Wheels Lesney
- 72 CAR CASE 1996 Johnny Lightning 1954 Chevy Panel 1of5000 Toy Show & Hot Wheels
- UT Models Porsche 911 GT2 1997 Yellow 1 18
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.